I am half hearted about making that trip back to Singapore at the end of the month (even though I have told most of the family that I was coming back).
The main considerations are:
- I have to tell the current maid that we are letting her go... and I want to be around on her last week for a proper handover - the keys, where she keeps certain things etc.
(I'm still contemplating when is the right time to break it to her. I cant bear to let her go! And I can't bear to deal with her drama when I tell her the news!)
- I will also have to prepare the maid's room for the new maid to make sure it is in liveable condition when she comes - bed, mattress, sheets, small TV etc.
- I was just back (in the same month). Could save myself from spending and shopping if I were to go back again
- Gab is coming in early June so he can bring any stuff that I need over
- With the Swine Flu phobia going around and the hassle of air travel and precautions (not to mention my current condition), it might be a good idea to cut back on travelling unless necessary.
Talking about the swine flu and precautions, I feel a need to highlight the kiasu-ness of my fellow citizens. I mean, I know Singaporeans are Kiasu but I forgot how drama they can be! Yes, it's a good thing that the government, companies and citizens are taking strong preventive measures but what I heard is just plain amusing.
While I was back, every channel and news broadcast was going on and on about the swine flu. My aunt told us that everyone in her company was required to bring a thermometer to work on Monday (yesterday) and when she had gone to look for one over the weekend, every where was sold out! In the end, she had to buy a branded ear thermometer for over $100.
She also said that the company has told the staff that if they were to go outstation, that they had to take another 7 days of their annual leave to "quarantine" themselves at home before coming back to work. And if you are sick, don't go to the company doctor downstairs, go to one far away from the office!
Apparently, the clinics and hospitals are packed full with paranoid people.
Just now, Elsie mentioned that she doesnt understand why Singapore is on Orange alert... which is rather high... and way too high considering the fact that there isn't even any cases of swine flu in Singapore! And only 1 confirmed case in Asia so far. Drama Drama.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment