Thursday - Family Day
Dad, Mum and A. Lilian came to pick us up at the Budget Terminal. Drove to East Coast to tapau prawn mee (I was craving for it) for lunch and get MacDonalds for T. Had lunch. Unpacked customer orders (I had 30kg worth of customer stuff including 3 bags to drop off at SUS').

T wanted a pic to show off to our friends in Vietnam
Went with parents to Baby Fair and Metro Expo Sale @ Sing Expo. Then to Tampines Mall. Shopped A LOT (baby stuff, things for the home and T's stuff). Had Long John Silver (another craving)for dinner before making our way to Peng Kor's house to pick up the house keys from Ah Ma (we were staying at Yen Kor's house this weekend). By the time we settled down, it was nearly 11pm...
Friday - Shopping & Catching up
Grandma came over early in the morning and shocked us out of bed with her loud banging outside at the door (We had locked the door from inside so she couldnt get in with her keys).
Went for lunch at Marriot (Cantonese) with the family, Ah Ma and Yen Kor. It was buffet and boy did we eat A LOT! Shopped at Paragon and Taka (more baby stuff). Grandma and Yen Kor were extremely helpful in baby stuff shopping. After the folks left, we (jason, susu, t and me) did more shopping. Mostly, it was T who bought (I think he only ever stocks up n shops when he comes to Singapore).
I got my wedding anniversary pressie! A pair of classic Sapphire earrings from Aspial.
Jason brought us to check out Gordon Max - man made diamonds... We were going to buy something for Mom for Mother's Day. The stones were sooo real and bling that Susu and I bought a pair of 0.5c earrings each for ourselves. And of cos a super bling bling pair for mom.
By the time we finished, the folks were starving and dad had called a number of times to hurry us home... we made our way back to Yen Kor's and had dinner at the coffee shop downstairs (Asam fish, chicken wings, butter crab, salted veg soup. Yum!)
Later we went over to Dan's place. Roger and Selina came over after their dinner, as well as a couple of the friends that hang out regularly at Dan's. I was afraid it would be awkward but it turned out really well... they played drinking games then Dan and Rog performed for us.
I finally whispered to Dan that I was pregnant cos they kept asking why I wasnt drinking (they actually thought I was trying to pretend and act like a good girl in front of T! Ha!). He got soooo excited that he went on the microphone and told everyone to raise their glasses and toast us. Upon hearing the news, all the girls in the house started screaming and everyone ran to hug n kiss us.
I'm glad we could hang out like this... I asked Rog online today if Selina was really ok with us being in touch again cos she used to stop him from speaking to me before. Apparently she is.. and now she even wants to add me on Facebook! And then I asked how things were between them now and he told me it's better because they had a chat abt things recently.
(That's really great news! I had heard from a mutual fren that they were on the brink of divorce. I'm glad they are working things out... especially since there is a kid involved).
Saturday - More Shopping (for him) and Catching up
Jason came to pick us after dropping off Susu for her turnaround flight. We went to Queensway for T to buy his trainers.


Then we went to Ikea where T proceeded to inspect each and every piece of wooden furniture.


Had another round of MacDonalds before going over to Sus'. T had never been there so they invited us over, as well as to see Natalie.




Germs the big mouth actually made it!


Coincidentally, all of us were in stripes! except the 2 babies of course. Germs had stripes on her jersey.

T got around to practise carrying the kids.

I cant help laughing everytime I see this pic. He was trying so hard not to make Gigi cry!

Germs got jealous of my growing boobs and made a big deal of it

She still can't get over it!
After we left her place, we went to Bedok Interchange hawker center to buy food for the gathering at Jamie's house before picking Susu up to go together.
Audrey and Jamie (thank you gals!!!) had planned a gathering especially for T and me. Uncles, Aunties and cousins were all to meet at Jam's and some of the cousins have been allocated to buy food - local food that I'm craving. There's BBQ chicken wings, laksa, hokkein mee, char kway teow, chwee kuay, chee chong fun, carrot cake, otah, satay, mee siam, cheng tng, bo bo char char and soooooo much more!



Whatever happened to "ladies first"? It was all the uncles and male cousins that attacked the food first.
We left on Sunday at noon with 5kg excess luggage (even though I had upsize my luggage again the day before we left for Singapore). We bought soooo much! Not to forget all my munchies and Seasons lemon tea!
I had a really good time in Singapore - satisfied my cravings, met up with family n close friends and did some shopping. The bump decided to pop out only when I got to Singapore - as if Peanut was trying to prove his/her existence to the family. I guess it's also due to the fact that I had a much better appetite and I ate sooo much in Singapore.
I was soooo out of this world...chatting and commenting on everything like there was no tomorro. Everyone must agree that I was talking non-stop... Susu said that I cant even pause for 5 seconds without speaking. Daniel commented that I did not need any alcohol to get me "high". Jamie said she could still hear my voice ringing in her head much after I left her house. I think even T has never seen me like this before... everyone asked him how he deals with me and applauded him for putting up with me... but the truth is, I am the exact opposite in Vietnam. I barely open my mouth so speak at all. I guess I just hold it all in.... then release everything when I am in Singapore, at my most comfortable. haha.
Already thinking of a trip back SOON... hoping to spend at least a week there. It beats being home alone... too lazy to cook for myself and only surviving on scrap that I can find in the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment