I've gone and done it... I broke the heart of my loyal unsuspecting maid! I am officially a bitch!
I've been contemplating and wrecking my brains thinking how I should approach the matter. The thing is, I really love her! She's the closest "family" I've got here... she mothers me and takes care of me and we are together at home everyday!
So finally I sat her down and told her that we are looking to hire a live in maid given my current conditions. My family and even Tarek would love it if she could stay and take on this role but obviously it's not possible. T and I hope to still maintain this relationship we have and who knows, she can come in after I give birth and work half a day like our current arrangement and be my nanny instead!
It honestly feels like a break up... and I've never really initiated a break up before... on my little flings, I would just "run away" or disappear... and with that serious one... I just waited for him to say the word. I dont want to live with regrets so I hung on no matter wat( at least he's the one living with regrets now, not me.)
Anyways, there was no tears or drama... she was very understanding although both of us were so heartbroken and I could see she was a bit worried about her future. I told her Ling and I could try to find her another employer and I would give her extra money as bonus - the reason I told her sooo early was so that she could find another employment in the meantime.
I am really keeping my fingers crossed... hoping that everything will fall into place... and that the other maid will not fuck me up or turn out to be a complete clutz!
PS: I think Peanut is proving to be quite the little rascal. I swear, the bump only came up as soon as I arrived in Singapore and has gone back in since we returned to Vietnam! I told my frens over dinner yesterday and everyone was like, "wat bullshit! How can it go back in?!" Thank God I had my husband there to support me.. but we reasoned that it could be gas or the fact that I had a fantastic appetite when I was in Singapore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment