Monday, January 17, 2011

Doing Things Differently

After going through a bad patch and learning that nothing is forever, I vouch to do things differently this year. One of my resolutions is to push myself to step out of my comfort zone and do the things that I've been meaning to but procrastinating to do.

Well, it's not like I've made any dramatic changes only baby steps so far... steps that include living each day to the fullest (well, not exactly, but you get the idea). My life still kinda sucks right now and while I'm stuck in limbo (waiting to take the next step), rather than look too far ahead and fret about the future, it's better to live each day as it comes... and LIVING is what I've been trying to do.

For a starter, I've been taking more time to enrich myself through

- reading self help, cultural and historical books
- watching some news (I never used to follow news at all so that's a step)
- cooking at least twice a week and it involves trying new dishes (more on that to follow)
- learning to let go of Ray a little and step out at least once a week without him

I've even made a list of things I wanna get done - day to day, week to week or within the month and I'd proudly tick against them.

Talking about cooking, so far, I've made roast chicken (using the receipe that I learnt from Tsolmon), steak (the one I made yesterday was yummy, if I may say so myself, although credit goes to the good piece of steak that I bought), fish fillet etc.

Today I attempted shepherd's pie for the first time. It's something I always wanted to try but always found excuses like "no oven", "no time", "too complicated" etc.

So I'm really proud that I managed to step out of my comfort zone (of cos I chose to do it today instead of yesterday so I could get the maid to help me with the mash potatoes n to chop up the onion n carrots!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And it was a huge success! Ray enjoyed it... and T said it was tasty... so much so that we finished EVERY THING (I had envisioned enough portion to pack for T to bring to work tomorrow and for the maid to try).

No comments: