Friday, October 1, 2010

Soon to be ONE

At just 11 months, my little bub is surprising me every day with all the things he can do.

- he can now get off the bed and couch by himself (that's dangerous... for me!). I still can't believe how he's figured out to swing his leg over and come down backwards.

- he's walking a lot more... with aid of cos - either by holding onto something or pushing the stool around.

(just yesterday he was pushing the stool all around the house. Every time he hits the corner and he gets stuck, he'll start shouting for help, looking at us and going "eh eh eh". It's hilarious. At one point, my aunty was sitting on the stool that he was trying to push around and he was shouting at my aunt to move away and even attempted to push her off the seat. Amazing!)

- he's super loud and vocal and would demand for things or people by calling (mostly shouting) out to them

- he still loves the ball but lately, it's less "throw" and more kicking the ball around while holding on to the side of the playpen

- he enjoys music and would stand up to dance. Every day when my aunt comes to visit, she'll sing "Happy Birthday" to him (maybe to prepare him for his big day) and he would dance to it

- he's starting to enjoy books. Occasionally, I will catch him flipping the pages on his own and pointing at the pictures.
One day, I opened a huge picture book in front of him and asked him to show me "where is the ball" etc. Coincidentally, he identified everything that I asked him! I used "Hi! Haloo! Ring Ring" for telephone and he pointed to the telephone!

In addition to being super clever, he is also super naughty.

- He's already developed a bad temper. He must get what he wants or he'll scream and shout until he gets it.

- And when he doesn't get what he wants, he'll start throwing things or sweeping away everything that's within his reach

- The cutest thing is when I catch him doing something wrong, he will very quickly throw it aside and run away with a cheeky/guilty look as if he knows he got caught
(I still don't know how he learnt that!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last week, he hit his lip onto his toy and when he looked up at me with a mouth full of blood, my heart stopped. I started hyperventilating and had to tell myself to stay calm and breathe n attend to him first.

He also had a bit of constipation over the weekend, crying out every time he tried to take a poop. Once, when I tried to assist him, there was even a little bit of blood coming out.

My poor baby.

No comments: