Thursday, September 17, 2009

Things couldn't be better

well... actually they could .. if I weren't suffering from serious hemorrhoids (think bunch of grapes on the anus and being unable to stand, sit or walk... cant get more graphic than that), broken wrists syndrome (especially every morning when I wake) and internal bruising (I'm convinced Peanut has punctured my ribs or lungs).

Other than that...

Bollywood Event - Nitz, Ira, V and myself are organising a Diwali Bash (Bollywood Night) on Oct 3 and have been busy speaking to clubs/venues, negotiating deals, designing our tickets, flyers etc. I am looking forward to dancing to the latest Bollywood hits and shaking Peanut into the world sooner.

Here's my works of art... V and I spent the whole day working on it with the printer... despite my bleeding ass... What a ass-fort (credit to Emily)!

Ticket - Front & Back


Flyer


Peanut - Had my gynae visit today. Apart from nearly dying of embarrassment when I flashed my grapes at the doctor, I was told that Peanut is now 2.8kg and is potentially going to be a huge baby... likely to grow up to 3.8kg if I go into full term. How am I going to shit this giant out? Even the gynae is worried and while he advised that I shld not move around too much in the next 10 days until I hit 37 weeks when baby is safe to come out, he thinks baby shld ideally come around the 10th of Oct so I wont have too difficult a labour pushing him out.

Maid - Maid no. 10 is serving her 3rd week and (touchwood) so far she is just what I am looking for! I am now convinced that I was not being fussy or difficult... it just takes time for the right one to come along! She's like my personal slave - working from 6am to 9pm and doesnt seem to want to stop to rest (not that I asked her to work herself to the bone. she just has that positive work attitude)! She's motherly, doesnt complain and I feel completely at ease with her! Of cos food is limited to Asian/Vietnamese dishes.

Oh... it would be nice to see the Husband a little more too... but I've been busy msyelf and coping well without him. He's been either working late, working Sundays, entertaining customers or going for his football/cardio with a vengence, convinced that he will soon be needing to spend more time at home.

No comments: