(well technically, Fergus and Ting Ting are still in Vietnam although they will be heading straight to the airport from Mui Ne tomorrow and I won't be seeing them at all).

It almost din feel real that we were altogether in Vietnam

There was Jamie & Desmond, Fergus & Ting Ting (not counting Gabriel who now claims himself as Vietnamese. Ha)

The cousins went to Cu Chi Tunnel - I din join because of my condition and because I've already been there ... Once is enough.

We took them mostly to places to eat - Pho2000, Vietnam House, Com Tam Cali, Ngoc Suong. They were very keen on Vietnamese food and not so much on touristy stuff.
Which was of cos a good thing for me and Gabe ... especially since Ben Thanh Market and Saigon Square are a pain for me right now (heat and crowd) and Gabe was trying all sorts of ways to escape!

Apart from food, these cousins were also very into pampering sessions.

I managed to convince the girls to try something different with their hair. Jamie and I had our straight hair curled while Ting Ting had her curls straightened - not permanently of course!

I love her curls although everyone seemed to have difficulty adjusting to it, including Jamie herself.

Desmond, who is very ticklish at his feet, had a hard time acting macho in front of us.
Meanwhile Fergus freaked everyone out with the pile of blackish dead skin that was removed from his feet! The girls had taken pics of before and after and will gladly back me up when I say they literally changed from black to white after the foot treatment/scrubbing was over.

T and Gabe tried to get the other 2 drunk... but to no avail. Fergus apparently never gets drunk and Desmond kept chickening out with his many excuses

The only person that got drunk (on top of the culprits T and Gabe who got drunk themselves) was Ting Ting who claimed the door banged into her (when it was she who walked into the door)! haha.

North South East West... Who's the Best? DESMOND!!! because he actually went all the way to Comex and got me my Sony Vaio W!

Special mention of Soda Chanh - the drink that Jamie got addicted to after her first meal in Vietnam. She has since named her new blackberry So Da! :)
Desmond claims that the highlight/main attraction of his trip here is to see the tummy. He seemed to be in shock everytime I expose it (I have a tendency to pull up my shirt and rub my belly occasionally).


Here are some side profile pics ... even I din realise that it is SOOO HUGE!


I can rest a cup on it now... except that Peanut has so many kung fu moves that he might just kick it over.


It was a really short visit but I'm glad the cousins came and I'm sure they will be back soon for more pho, baguette and soda chanh! And to Desmond, u can no longer claim that Vietnamese coffee is not strong!

PS: I have nearly finished the 4 mooncakes that u brought over for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment