
If you have been following my blog and have had your own suspicions for a while now... I am indeed PREGNANT (m'shahallah)! All that talk about feeling blah, not wanting to do anything but hibernate, feeling ugly and looking tired are apparently common amongst pregger women, especially those in the 1st trimester.
I am 12 weeks and 4 days pregnant today and decided it's finally time to break the happy news!
Believe it or not, I am now into my 2nd trimester. T and I agreed it’s better to keep it hush until we are over the critical first 3 months stage. It took a lot for us to act blur and keep quiet especially since we are both sooo happy about this wonderful experience.
And while we are really excited, we are hoping not to make too big a deal out of it for superstitious reasons (I don’t want any evil eye and am also quite pantang … anything can happen in these 9 months). So we’d like to ask that you help us to keep it hush – the only ones following this blog are people I consider close friends/family and who are genuinely interested in what's going on in my life.
Alas, whilst I’ve been looking forward to being pregnant and have wanted a baby forever, I was not prepared for what was to come. The words, “always tired”, “no appetite”, “feel ugly” and “super anti-social” best describes me lately. (Hopefully it will get better once I’m into the 2nd trimester).
To make sure I am well prepared, I have been surfing the net and reading some pregnancy books (almost religiously as a weekly update). It seems that I have experienced almost all of the early symptoms of Pregnancy.
*Be careful what you wish for.
- Missed period (check)
- Nausea and/or vomiting (check)
- Feeling PMSy (check. Gosh… imagine 9 months of PMS!)
- Super sense of smell aka Doggy Nose (check)
- Sore and bigger boobs (check... bigger boobs!!!)
- Fatigue (check)
- The need to pee a lot (check. It’s hard to keep track of the no. of times I have to wake up every night to go to the toilet. It’s almost sickening.)
- A lot of Gas (check. I’m permanently bloated!)
- Skin Changes (hmmm…)
- Cravings and Aversions (Aversions check. These days, I just have no appetite and reject most of everything I eat. Food has to be as plain and simple as possible. Anything strong or rich will be instantly spat out. This is especially so for mushrooms and western food.)
"I have two modes, nausea/empty stomach or tired and bloated"
"I am so tired... Truly not a good state for decision making, socialising, eating, moving, or doing anything at all but count the days until trimester two."
"I feel no one has prepared me for how crappy I would feel - Sick and Tired - all the time."
2 comments:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
*dance of joy*
Congratulations to both you and T... Can't wait for updates and pictures of scans etc etc...
So happy for you!
:D
oh gosh! just read ur blog! *BIG HUGZ* .. Congrats babe!! U are going to be one hot mama, just like sus is! :D Ha! Can't wait to see ur lil one soon!!
~adri~
Post a Comment