Monday, April 28, 2008

TJ hosts a BBQ Party

We hosted our first BBQ party yesterday.

Preparations started the day before - Aman and V came over to help. We stocked up the fridge with meat, did the marination. My responsibility was to buy the meat, marinate the chicken, make pasta and brownies. The guys did the rest.

T, also known as Mr Last Min, decided to set up the BBQ at 11am only to find out that it wasn't working (We told the guests to come at 12pm). He frantically rushed to Metro to buy a set only to find out that they had run out. So we had to borrow from Aman and everything was just setting up as guests started to arrive.

Apart from this little hiccup, everything went well! The guys dominated the BBQ and kitchen while the ladies chilled in the living room. Ling took to karaoke and was hogging the mic until she decided to give up (or was forced to give up).Most of the guests brought something with them - wine, starters, desserts and the kitchen and dining table was soon filled up with a feast of food and drinks. We even had a makeshift pool in the garage for the kids so that Amaira could have her fun splashing on a Sunday afternoon. After their job was done, the guys proceeded up for a game of Poker. The rest chilled downstairs to see wedding photos, videos etc.

June and I took to cooking some of the remaining meats to feed the hungry gamblers. and the rest was our dinner!

There was so much food leftover. I had to pack food for takeaways!

And now, I am left to deal with the part I hate most - cleaning up the after-party mess. Thank God for maids/cleaners. I am waiting for my maid to come in so that we can scrub the house down together and sterilise the whole place!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

During the party, I was busy running around, picking up rubbish, washing up glasses and taking photos... and was complaining that I wasnt in any photos of my own BBQ. Angelo and Aman kindly offered to take pics of me pretending to BBQ. And during the 'pretend pic', I was "TOLD OFF" that I needed to only pretend ... no need to touch the meat in case i spoilt it... thus this grouchy face.

Photobucket

No comments: