Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fairytales do not exist

Don't envy me for the glamorous life you think I have - for it is not as fabulous as you think it to be.

Photobucket

Indeed the last 2 weeks were like pages from a fairytale and I will unabashedly and proudly say that it's every girl's dream come true for me. I've had the most glamorous wedding and amazing honeymoon I could ever imagine.

But all said and done, fairytales do not exist and one finds herself returning to the ups and downs of human life.

Today is our 2nd day back in Vietnam and already reality feels like a slap in the face, almost like I was brought way up into the skies and thrown back down onto the ground.

The husband had gone back to work yesterday and understandably, was swamped with work and didn't get home till 9pm (I hadn't heard a word from him all day). Today happens to be a Public Holiday but he was called into work to settle some urgent problems. Then he decided to drop in to say bye to his mom and asked if I would understand if he wanted spend some time with his mom alone since he hasnt had any opportunity to do that from the time she arrived in Asia 2 weeks ago for the wedding. Straight after, he will be going to football and while he asked if I wanted to join him, I do not fancy myself sitting in the hot sun and watching a game I do not enjoy.

So here I am. Mrs Elawadi or plain old Joanne, finds herself thrown back into reality - the dull, lonely life she has been living in the 3 yrs since coming to Vietnam ... and finally decides it's time to wake up from her dream.

No comments: