Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tai Tai Life? Not for me!

In the last week or so, since I returned to Saigon as Mrs Elawadi, I've had a taste of this so called "Tai Tai" status that many has betowed upon me. I must say that it's been horrible days, waking up with nothing to look forward to, not knowing how to fill my days etc.

Honestly, it's nothing to be envious about... except for the fact that I do not have to drag myself out of bed every morning to go to work as if my life depends on it. Although, as a contradiction, I am in the midst of finding such a job that will drag me out of bed... because my life depends on it!

I can't sit around like that. It's not me, just as it is not me to depend on a man. I never believed in it and I will live with it. A girl must always be financially independent - for her future, for security and for her own dignity and self-respect!

In the meantime, I've sent out resumes, met with a headhunter yesterday to discuss possibilities and areas of interests for work, watched countless DVDs, read books and I even attempted to cook. The man is happy with the effort and he likes the latest pasta dish I made and said I should do it again for this Sunday's party.

Also, I must add that he's been very supportive with my quest to find myself and find what it is that I really want to do. He's given me very valueable advice and even encouraged me to use this time to learn something, take up a course - teaching course, photography course, get another degree etc. - make myself (feel) useful while waiting to get a job.

Really, it's a blessing that I've got all these choices and opportunities spread out in front of me... If only I can decide what it is what I want to do and get my lazy ass off so I can start doing something conducive with my life. Problem is, I want to do events, I want to write, I want to travel, I want to work 9 - 5 but yet I want flexible time. I've narrowed my choices to marketing, marcom, events, writing, tourism and hospitality... but still, it's like anything and everything!

Pray I find the dream job (soon) and no... I dont want to be a TAI TAI!

No comments: