I am good at a lot and great at nothing. I can't believe I'll ever find my passion. I'm always hoping that the next thing I try will be the one: the one thing I shine at, my calling, my brilliant career.
You're still looking for your great passion and have often complained that being good at most things isn't the same as being great at one thing. You wish you were passionate about something so you could finally pick a career.
That same feeling crept up on me: is this it? is this what I really want?
According to Barbara, if you can relate to this, you are a "jack-of-all-trades". Jacks dont care much about success at all. They just want to be happy. More than any other Scanner type, what matters most to you is happiness.
Often the best way for a Jack to try out careers is to take a contract job. Their main motivation being to have free time to do what they really love.
Jacks have many talents, but they hv to admit that their greatest talent is knowing how to live a good life. That's why the Good Life Model is best for most Jack-of-all-trades. He only has to ask, "Will this Make me Happy?"
(extracts from "What do I do when I want to do Everything" by Barbara Sher)
Friday, November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment