Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm a Sari Girl ... in a Sari World

Vandana gave me this sari almost a year ago and it has been sitting in my cupboard for the longest time. She has since found a reason to push me to get the blouse made and to wear it for this occasion.

I actually had to google "How to Wear a Sari" and got Tarek to help me dress. We made a great team pleating the skirt and even though we later found out that the pleats were facing the wrong side, I loved my pleats and the fruit of our labor so much, I almost din want to undress. Not bad for a first timer! Then again, I had to hold my pee the whole night cos I did not want to battle with the dress in the toilet. Already, it was such a pain getting in and out of cabs, sitting down and getting on the escalator.

It was fun though - I've always loved anything Ethnic - especially Indian Saris and bangles. No... not dancing around coconut trees!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay welcome back to the blogging world!!!! I have another blog to read when i am bored...woohoo. I am such a (blog) voyeur. Ha. You look great (as always) in ethnic costumes. Take good care and tty soon.

CY