Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy Day for Ray

I spent the morning surfing the net (I woke up with an urge to shop today) while Rayhan and Levi enjoyed their play date (Rachel had errands to run so she dropped Levi and the nanny here).

Although I've never dropped Rayhan off at any friend's house for a playdate (without me being there), I always liked the idea of having kids over to play with Rayhan.

Photobucket
Coloring time!

Photobucket
I put on the TV for them just before lunch so they could calm down a little (after all that running around and screaming). And then all was quiet as the two laid down and spaced out.

Later after lunch, when it was time for Ray to nap, I went out shopping and I found the exact 2 things that I was looking for... Well, not exactly because I had wanted a Crayola Easel (the proper nice one) and a kitchen set.

Photobucket
I found a Chinese-version of the easel with 1 side a magnetic black board and the other a white board.

Photobucket
And this barbecue set (because all the kitchen set I saw were pink and girly).

Photobucket
I've always wanted to get a kitchen set for Ray because he enjoys pretend cooking and eating (just like many kids at this age) and whenever the maid and I are cooking (and there was no one to watch him), the best way to keep him busy is to let him role play next to us.

Photobucket
I'm not sure if one would argue that pretend cooking and kitchen role playing are specific to the female gender. It isn't so bad to have boys/men who can cook... plus it's usually men behind the barbecue, isn't it?

Photobucket
PS: This is Rayhan's new picture pose ... he will oblige my "look at the camera plssss and smileeeeee!" with this cheeky "forced" smile

By the way, I saw this online today and I WANTTT!!! (not just for Ray but for me too!). They have all these really sweet, pretty pink kitchen sets but I'll contend with this! Any contributors? Rayhan's birthday is coming!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: