Friday, July 29, 2011

A Sri Lankan Event

I invited Haseena and Shermi, together with their families, for dinner last night.
Photobucket

T had asked why I couldn't make it multicultural instead of keeping it strictly Sri Lankan but I thought it would be more intimate without mixing groups so that everyone could be comfortable.

Photobucket
It so happens that the kids are all around the same age as well ... merely a few months apart.

Photobucket
Dilhani and Nitya are also close Sri Lankan friends but Dilhani doesn't have any kids and since Nitya's moved to Singapore, I haven't been in close contact (bcos I'm always busy with family n friends back home).

Deeksha (Shermi's husband) couldn't make it in the end because of an eye infection so it was only Suhard (Hasee's hubby) and T.

Photobucket
and there was Suraan (the best behaved boy I've ever seen!)

The kids had an awesome time
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm really glad I planned this dinner/playdate - it's always difficult to arrange to get everyone to meet up because of distance, timing, schedule; each busy with own family; not sure what time the hubby will get home or whether he is too tired to entertain etc.

But it turned out well because the adults enjoyed a nice dinner together, the kids had fun playing, then the men chatted over coffee while the ladies played with the babies and did some catching up of our own.

PS: Of course it was a great mess everywhere and the maid had to spend this morning sterilising the whole house but it was worth it!

Photobucket

Photobucket
It's definitely a great way to maintain friendship ... keep everyone (from young to old) happy and occupied and support family bonding time!

This morning, we opened the present that Aunty Shermi bought for Rayhan...

Photobucket
He was a happy bunny with his new toy!

Photobucket

No comments: