Monday, July 25, 2011

Day at the Museum

Jamie was on leave last Monday to send Pichachu to the workshop for servicing.

Photobucket
We met for lunch at City Hall before starting our walk towards the National Museum of Singapore (I took a map from the front desk of the Swissotel). She had found out from her colleagues about the Children Season with all the fun filled activities for kids.

Photobucket
Unfortunately, the Children Season was over so we only managed to take a quick peak at the free showcase on exhibit - Tracking Memories

Photobucket
Outside the National Museum of Singapore

Photobucket
We were told that it was the last day of the Children Season at the Singapore Arts Museum so we made our way there by foot

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ray was given stickers to help decorate the elephant

And there were lots more exhibits and fun stations for Ray
Photobucket
Velcro - Dress up the dolls

Photobucket
Stencil Coloring

Photobucket

Photobucket
Train tracks

Even I had fun goofing around...
Photobucket

Photobucket
Mummy Dearest!

Afer that, we made our way to the Peranakan Museum - I'm fascinated to find out more about their history and culture and I absolutely love the kebayas!

Photobucket
They had costumes available for photo taking

Photobucket
Do I look like a Nonya?

Next up was the Philatelic Museum
Photobucket

We learnt about Philately, Communications, Taking Flight (Singapore 100 years of flight), Sun Yat Sen

Photobucket
And they even had a small section on Bunny land - probably dedicated to the year of Rabbit

Last stop was the Asian Civilisation Museum (the furthest of the lot) but one that I wanted to go to nonetheless.

Photobucket
We got there at 6pm, only an hour before they closed so we did not manage to spend enough time going through every exhibit.

Photobucket
They had a special exhibit on the Terracotta Warriors (a bit on the First Emperor's grave discovery).

There was lots to see and even exhibits where you can "take photos" and learn about the different cultures and religions that make up Asia
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were exhausted by the end of the day but we enjoyed a beautiful view of the city skyline at sunset as we walked along the Singapore River (at Clarke Quay) and got a cab outside the Fullerton hotel Photobucket
What a productive day!

No comments: