Sunday, July 24, 2011

Touring Tokyo

I hadn't done much research prior to the trip because it was such a last minute decision but overall, I think I managed to cover most of the places that I'd like to see in Tokyo.

First on the list was the Tokyo Disneyland which I took Ray on my own the day after we arrived. And then, there was the Burberry Blue Label which was a "Must Buy"

We met up with Rena and Flora to have dinner at Shibuya
Photobucket
Famous crossing at Shibuy by night

Photobucket
And by day

and the next day they took me to Harajuku - where the young fashion street is.
Photobucket

On Friday (Sus was done with work by then), we took a morning tour to see

Photobucket
Tokyo Tower

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Imperial Palace - the East Garden is closed on Fridays so we only managed to walk around outside at the plaza

Photobucket
Asakusa Temple

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
where I bought my stash of souvenirs (my other shopping priority)

After the tour, Sus wanted to go to the Premium Outlet Mall which was near Mt Fuji (an hour and a half from the city center).

I saw a nice Gucci tote for only $400+ but resisted buying (which I'm regretting a little now!)

Photobucket
But we bought another Burberry Blue Label bag each (for only $100+)!

I'm happy we got some snap shots of the outline of Mt Fuji in the sunset!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next morning we took a walk to the Tsuji Fish Market. By the time we got there, the fish auction/sale was over and most of the stalls had packed up and closed. We snapped a few pictures here and there before making our way back to the hotel to check out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After checking out, we had another 3 hours to kill before our bus to the airport so we walked over to Ginza shopping street (not too far from our hotel). The roads are closed on Saturdays... so that pedestrians could walk freely.
Photobucket

And that was the end of our Tokyo trip - we shopped, we toured and we ate...and it's another country chopped onto our passports!

No comments: