
Since we arrived in Singapore, I've been making some effort to potty train the boy.

I know ... everyone has been telling me it's time to start... I've just been procrastinating. I certainly haven't been in a hurry to sit and wait patiently for him to do his business, much less to wash his potty. After all, Alistair and Levi haven't started and even Nat isn't fully on the potty yet. Plus, Ray's pediatrician had told me the average age to start is from 18 months to 2.5 years - when the child can start telling you that he needs to go. It will simplify the process.
He started telling me "Mama, poo poo" when we were in the UK. So the last few mornings, when he says "poo poo" or show signs that he is poo-ing, I'd immediately put him straight onto the toilet bowl - so I can wash his bum directly and avoid all the hassle of wiping and cleaning his potty etc.
And I must say we have been doing a good job every morning - except for the fact that he's been pooing a lot (sometimes up to 5 times a day) and we don't always have access to a potty.
PS: I'm not sure if it's anything to be concerned about ... he's probably full of shit like his mum and with all the travelling, changing of formula and water, not to mention that he touches everything and puts everything in his mouth, he probably has more rubbish to poop out.

He's saying "Yay! Good Boy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment