I feel so rich - not monetarily or materially.
I am rich because I have so much love around me - the family, the friends who have and will always stay by me.
This is nothing that money can ever buy. Nothing that can be taken away.
My confidence was at an all-time low last year with everything that was going on. But this year, since my travels to UK, Singapore and Vietnam and having come out of my shell (after enclosing myself in a world of Jo-Ray for a year), I have started connecting with people again and have built myself a strong network of support, of family and friends. And funny enough, it's only after the rare occasions that I started looking forward to returning to Vietnam, having missed some of my friends here that I realised I have even made some real connections with people here - not just the girl friends but some of the men too!
It's been a long time since I hung out with the opposite sex, not including friends' husbands, husband's friends and old friends from Singapore, and I forgot how nice it is to feel like "one of the boys" with the extra attention of being taken care of.
How many can count these blessings of having a strong tie with grandparents, parents, aunties, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews and have many friends that one can grow old with?
Even though we are apart most of the time, physically (distance) and emotionally (we each have our own lives, families and schedules to keep us busy), we are and will always be there for each other - whether it is, for a hug, a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, support at children's birthday parties - with the occasional email or sms and a catch up session whenever time and place permits.
I'm grateful and my life is filled with joy and love because of all these people. If there's anything I wish I can do more in life, it is to let everyone know how much I care and appreciate and love each and everyone of you.
I know I have been blessed by God. I feel special. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment