
I can't lament enough about how quickly my boy is growing.

At 19 months, he's already acting like a big boy
Mama's Little Helper
In the mornings when we wake, he'll automatically help me bring out the bottles and flask to the kitchen.
If I say we are going out, he'll say "Let's GO" and take his socks and shoes and tries to put them on himself... and then he'll take my shoes and go "Mama, wear shoes". If there was anyone else with us, he'd take their shoes to them too!
When we were in the UK and in Singapore, he helped me put and take out clothes from the washing machine to hang.

The boy understands almost everything we ask and assists us to tidy up the place when we ask him to put things back in their original place, pass things to the maid to wash, put T's dirty clothes from work into the laundry basket (without being told where or what the basket is!)etc ...
Little Mr Personality
My little fella is already developing a strong character of his own. He has a lot of pride and will cry in embarrassment more than pain when he falls.
He likes his independence and enjoys walking by himself. He'll shake your hand off if you try to hold him and he especially hates that great-grandmother is super paranoid and always insists on holding onto him.
He's beginning to show traits of his Chinese Zodiac - the Ox (stubborness). He must get his way or else he'll chant your head off until you give in. For example, when he wants to watch Mickey Mouse, he'll go "mouse ... mouse... mouse..." (infinity). ARGH!
And you know how children are when you take them out and they don't want to go back yet... at 18 months, he's already insisting "more... more" or "play... PLAYYYYYYYYY!" or "schwwimmmmmmm" and refuses to leave when you try to tell him it's enough.

he still loves the phone

... and acts like a business man walking around the house with a phone and going "hmm hmmm... ok ok..."
Little Mr Affectionate
Ray's got a very big heart and will make sure we all got equal turns with the ball when we play together

And most of all, he takes care of all of us especially his Mama "Come, Mama!" if I'm walking far behind or if he's having fun and I'm not participating.
I still can't stop hugging and kissing him and I hope it's rubbed off a little on him. I love it most when he simply grabs me for no reason to give me a big kiss on the lips and when he holds my hand or hugs me to watch TV or when I'm putting him to sleep.
PS: I'm dreading the day he stops letting me hug and kiss him the way I'm permanently stuck on him.
Talking of being affectionate, he's been taught well - he'd greet every one with a hug and kiss when he sees them. And he knows his "good morning", "nite nite", "hi!" and "bye bye", sometimes even to waiters/waitresses and strangers. I'm really proud of him!
Little Mama
Yup... he's becoming little Mr Vain and a potential Camwhore (already posing as soon as you try to take his picture)... JUST LIKE MAMA!



It seems that at every stage, I always say I like him best at this age ... but I'm realising that it just keeps getting better and more fun. Not only is he "Mama's Boy", he's also become "Mama's best friend and favorite travel companion".


We are starting to have a lot of fun together. He's actually a great travel companion - our long flight to UK was pretty enjoyable!
It's really awesome that he's already communicating a lot at this age. He responds to requests and tells us what he wants or "no wan".
PS: I actually think he's talking TOO much.. sometimes he won't stop chattering so much so that it gives me a headache!

Because of him, it's always a joy to wake up every morning. Every time he calls "Mama!", gives me a hug, holds me or kisses me... I am overwhelmed with love and happiness. And when the husband is too busy to pay you any attention, a "Wow... NICE, Mama!" from the son when I dress up is all the compliment I need to make me feel fabulous!
No comments:
Post a Comment