
It was an impromptu decision. T had to come to Bangkok for 2 days of work. Half expecting him to say no, I asked if we could tag along, spend Sunday together here then while he went to work, I could go shopping and drop by to visit Vandana's mom (if I din dare to explore alone with baby).
All went smoothly until we got to the airport...During check-in, I realised that we had forgotten to bring the stroller. But that wasn't it. The real drama began at immigration. We were told that Rayhan needed a visa to get out of the country (something about foreign baby born in Vietnam). They were able to issue a visa on the spot if we could provide our marriage certificate and his birth cert. Obviously, we werent prepared and hadnt thought it necessary to bring those documents with us on holiday.
So... we couldn't get on the flight and ended up having to go back home and to try for next day's flight (We were on waitlist).
Naturally I was horrified (half a day of shopping gone and 1 night stay at hotel wasted)but on hindsight it is a good thing this happened so that we don't make that mistake when we go to Singapore for Chinese New Year. All the flights would be fully booked and we wouldn't be able to get out of the country if we were to miss our flight.

We managed to get on the morning flight and are now happily settled in Bangkok. Rayhan slept like a baby thru the flight with me only having to breastfeed him during the landing as he was fussing a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment