It wasn't easy, that's for sure, having to carry a baby and diaper bag and drag along a stroller - all of which add up to more than my weight.
Good thing that the hotel staff and "valet" at the shopping centers assisted me in and out of the vehicle

Transport to Emporium from Marriott

Waiting for cab
Accomplishments - Going up an escalator with the stroller, doing some decent shopping with a baby, hanging shopping bags on the stroller using the gadgets we picked up on the 1st day (Mommy Hook and Stroller organiser).


Impossible tasks (for now)- Getting down the escalator with a stroller (I take the lift!), going to the toilet (with baby and stroller n bags), ordering food and carrying food tray (e.g. at Macs or foodcourt).
I din manage to buy anything for myself except for 2 bras and undies that were going at 50% off. Having been stuck at home and in Vietnam, I have forgotten how to shop at a real mall. There's sooo many things, shops, levels that I don't know how to begin and where to start. I end up getting stressed up and forcing myself to buy something just because.
Finally, I took to buying only stuff that were on sale. It's end of season sale - lots of things going up to 50% off!
It definitely wasn't easy shopping with a baby. He doesn't sleep when we are out - he wants to see everything and he just doesnt sleep properly on the stroller so he gets cranky when he's overstimulated and overtired.
Also, I have to remember to feed him. At 1 point, I had to ask the staff at Toysrus if there was anywhere I can sit. She din understand me and just brought me a children's chair... so I just sat there, in the middle of the toy shop and breastfeed while every one else shopped around me.

1st Day's shopping - Bought quite a bit (although it's all T and Ray's stuff) because T was around to take turns with baby and load.


2nd day - V's mom helped out

3rd day - only managed 1.5 hrs at the mall. Was alone and Ray was cranky cause he wanted to sleep. I found a nursing room to feed baby. How cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment