I’m sooo in love with this book… I’m going to proclaim it “Every Lady’s Bible”.
- A Year in High Heels by Camilla Morton
Crammed with fascinating stories, inspiring ideas and surprisingly sensible advice, A Year in High Heels will show you how to rock the red carpet, perfect your public speaking, travel in style and make the mundane magical.
Camilla covered different topics each month including: How to blog it, How to diet and detox, How to learn a language, How to make truffles, How to do Valentine’s Day alone, How to be A-list, How to do the red carpet, How to decode dress codes, How to tie a bow tie, How to make an acceptance speech, How to be house-proud, How to handle hen nights, How to wear red, How to have festive chic, How to get a ring on your finger, How to get hitched, How to be posh, How to haute couture, How to make a mojito, How to make an impression, How to hold their attention, How to make your boss love you, How to strike the right work/life balance, How to pick a diamond, How to care for your pearls, How to throw a fancy dress party, How to make punch, How to get what you really want… etc.
Muse of the Month includes: Jane Austen, Coco Chanel, Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth I, Audrey Hepburn, Ella Fitzgerald, Cleopatra, Frida Kahlo, Elizabeth Arden, Peggy Guggenheim, Jacqueline Kennedy Onnassis and Cinderella.
(I’ve only never heard of Peggy Guggenheim)
Also included is a footnote for every month: The Court Shoes, The boot, The stiletto, The wellington boot, The ballet shoe, The wedge, The flip-flop and The school shoe.
I’ll be sharing some of the interesting things I learn from the book in my blog entries later. But it’s nothing like getting your hands on your very own copy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment