Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the Domesticated Goddess

Dear avid GG blog readers, I'm sorry for the lack of updates this past week. I realised that when I am actively updating one blog, I tend to neglect the other (I know, I'm really bad at dividing attention equally).

As you can guess, there was much to do on DD side (seeing that I was only concentrating on updating the GG blogsite while I was in France) - reply to email, compile new orders, check out new materials and upload on website etc.

Also, I was planning my next trip back to Singapore (I missed out on all the reunions and am really hoping to do some catching up of my own). At the same time, I am looking to hold another Diva's Day Out event to clear out old stock and get more sales.

(gosh... has it only been 1 week since I came back from the holiday?! It feels like forever!)

Apart from that, I'm back to being the domesticated wife... cooking and more cooking! Did I mention that it's my unspoken resolution to eat healthy? No more roadside food... that's why I'm cooking for all my meals now (except when we eat out of cos).

In fact, I just came back from grocery shopping and I stocked up on so much food that I can't squeeze another ice-cube into the freezer! I bot lots of seafood (mainly because it's pre-cleaned from the insides (like the fish n squid) and pre-packed), some veg, meat as well as 1kg worth of minced beef which I separated into little containers so that I only need to de-freeze what is required.
(Thank u Elsie for sharing this bright idea with me!)

I made pasta with rosemary chicken for dinner yesterday, packed a lunch box for Tarek today (rice, chye poh eggs and some chicken) and I reckon I'll fry a fish and some chye sim (veg) with oyster sauce as well as make minced beef with tomato n beancurd soup for dinner.

Elsie: Wow! Very good!
Susmita: so domesticated.

GG: Thank you! Thank you!

Speaking of domesticated, I have some pictures that Jules took while she was here of the new "ensuite guest bedroom".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Isn't it lovely?! (m'shahallah) I hope it entices all of you to come for a visit SOON!

No comments: