Thursday, March 20, 2008

More insights to TJ Wedding

WeDDiNG MuSic

Tarek and I took so long to agree on wedding songs. We've been at it for over 3 weeks now. He likes songs from U2, Lenny Kravitz, Bob Marley etc. and wanted his wedding music to be different from the usual cheesy romantic love songs.

I, on the hand, am a little more traditional. Plus, I am an Oldies fan and while I agree abt being unique and different, I cant help feeling that weddings are not the same without sappy love songs that people shed a tear or two to. Something that the parents can relate to.. something that can make the parents go all emotional n teary.

So anyway, we finally agreed on the song choices for walk in, champagne pouring, first dance etc. Well, we did not totally agree on everything but there are a mix of his choices and mine... see, first steps to compromising in a marriage! haha

As for the rest of the background music, I've already compiled them into different sessions of the day and will have to trust the man to burn them before the big day.

FaVoR TaGs

Gosh... I really suck at these kinda things. Thank God for Susmita who always saves my day. Little Ms Impatient tried playing around with WORD document, figuring out how to align and print those favor tags but without much success (or satisfaction) and had to turn to Sus for help.

Once everything was printed - on pink and orange papers, I had Nitya and Vandana to help with the cutting - there was only 300 pieces anyway and it din take long to cut while Vandana's husband cooked us dinner. A bit more cutting after dinner over a chit chat session and it was all done!

Now I'll just have to tag them onto the favors which Mely is helping to wrap at home - also in pink and orange papers.

PS: we are not using hotel favors and have shipped ours in specially from UK/EGYPT. I wont disclose what they are ... All I can say is it's very Egyptian.

Sample wrapping and tag by Susmita
Photobucket

WeDDinG CeRemOny InVitEs

As if struggling with the favor tags aren't enough, I have spent half a morning attempting to design and print the Wedding Ceremony Invites.

We've been contemplating whether we should even make one since we are only inviting 50 pax to the ceremony (and they comprise of immediate family n some close friends only) but Tarek thought we might as well make a nice official invite and include the parents names this time to make them happy, after the drama in the reception invitation.

Anyways, status of ceremony invitation is still na-dah. While I finally figured out the alignment and printing for the front and back, I can already hear Tarek say "Dont be stingy and pay for it to be professionally done"

WeDDinG TabLe SeaTinGs

Another element of our unique wedding is the fusion of different cultures. We have decided not to go with the usual table numbers and instead have symbols for each table - almost like a D&D.

What I have done is to allocate all his side of the guests and our overseas friends with Chinese Calligraphy. My guest tables will have Egyptian symbols.

Each symbol will be followed with an explanation or meaning of the symbol so that everyone gets to learn something new about the other culture on that night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: