Friday, April 1, 2011

Sometimes, it is also about ME

Shopping with Ray these days is no fun at all. He doesn't stay still and since we are not using the stroller anymore... I'm always finding myself juggling between my handbag, Ray's bag, browsing at stuff and watching him to make sure he doesn't run too far.

I mean, he's pretty well behaved - he stays close by and when strangers come up to talk to him (no one can resist him), he will usually point at me, go "mamaa" and cling onto me.

But still, it's hard enough to focus when your eyes are popping with all the "NICE" things to buy (come on, I'm deprived in Vietnam)...it's almost impossible to shop with a toddler who can't stay put.

With all that into consideration, I actually managed to buy stuff (thanks to the help of family and friends who have been nice enough to keep us company). Now that I'm putting a list of the things I bought, I realised I bought mainly shoes this trip!

- pair of heels from Charles n Keith
- knee length flat boots from Topshop
- ankle length heeled boots from Nine West
- this absolutely gorgeous BLING heels (which I couldn't resist. Never mind how much it costs!)

Photobucket

- 2 dresses from Forever21
- 2 pairs of earrings from Forever21

In addition, I had also ordered this red Kate Spade bag from a blogshop and it arrived on Tuesday
Photobucket

While waiting to see the doctor (there was a long queue that day and the receptionist told me I had to wait 1.5 hrs to see the doctor), I decided to get my hair done. It was on the agenda for this Singapore trip (on top of getting boots for UK).

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't say I was impressed or happy with the cut. How much can I expect from a local under-the-block salon right? I mean, these "stylist" probably haven't (found a need to) upgrade their skills since they are only cutting for "aunties".
I can't even add "pay peanuts, get monkeys" because for the price I paid, I could get a better result anywhere else. But still, it suited the schedule and was convenient.

Photobucket
okay la... the result wasn't THAT bad. At least the highlights turned out well.

No comments: