Wednesday, April 6, 2011

He really is a Genius (M'shahallah)

Oh No! Not another brag-about-her son post again!
(Indulge me! I'm just like any mom who's super proud of her son's achievements and want to record every little milestone so I can look back on it in years to come)

Let me share some of the things my son does to amaze me.
Photobucket

(sometimes I can't believe he's only 17 months. he behaves like a 3 year old)

Morning Routine
Daddy wakes up for work. Ray wakes for milk and as soon as he finishes, it's "Dadddeeeeeee" from the bed to the toilet door where he waits for T to come out of the shower.

PS: Ray can identify which is my towel and which is Daddy's hanging in the toilet! "Mama" and "Daddy" as he tugs at them.

Then as Daddy walks towards the cupboard, Ray is already chanting "socks' and he will tap the bed and say "sit down" as Daddy sits down to put on his socks.

And when Daddy leaves and gives him a peck on the lips, Ray immediately points at "Mama" implying that Daddy should/has to kiss Mama too ... then we'll wave bye to Daddy at the door after which Ray will close the door by himself (of cos there are some days when he cries and doesn't want Daddy to go)

PS: My son is already looking out for me at this tender age of 17 months! MY BOY!

PUZZLES
Photobucket
It started when I bought him this puzzle. It only took him once to figure out how it works. He is really quick to put the animals back - I don't know if he identifies them based on their color or shape.

Did I mention he knows all the animals in this puzzle? Well, ok... not so much the camel yet!

Photobucket
And in Singapore I bought more puzzles for him. This one is pretty good cause then I can start teaching him shapes and colors.

Photobucket
This morning, I took it out to show him. I will mouth "blue square" as I trace my finger according to the shape in the gap and he immediately picked out the right one and put it in by himself

PS: Did I mention that everytime I try to feed him medicine - either when I say "medicine" or reach out for him - he runs and shouts "NOOOOOOO"? And when I finally hold him down, he shuts his mouth and eyes and refuses to open at all. Ha!
Good thing I'm a super tough mom ... there will be no escape!

Photobucket
A headful of curls --- I just can't bear to cut them!

By the way, he is in love with Barney now (I know, I used to say I HATE Barney and will NEVER ever let my children watch it.... Never say Never right?). He knows the actions and will dance to Barney songs when I put on the DVD!
How could I not resist buying him a Barney soft toy to hug to sleep and Barney cutlery so he will enjoy eating more?

No comments: