Friday, April 8, 2011

D.R.U.N.K.

It was supposed to be an innocent "Oysters and White Wine" night.

Red Drum (our new "hangout" because our homie Sylvain is now working there) was having a promotion. T didn't want to go (plus he was working late). So I asked Aurelie (a Vietnamese girl who's born and bred in France and is a potential "frens forever" person in my life).

I certainly did not feel drunk (3 glasses of white wine and 4 shots) but at some point, it must have hit me because I don't have much recollection except for some vague memories of

1. Duy (Aurelie's bf) telling me that out of all the girls in Vietnam, if there was one person Aurelie could trust and have as a real friend, it will be ME. Because I'm genuine, I have a life (I do?), I don't need anybody (I don't?), I'm fun but yet real. (WOW!)

He actually told Aurelie that! We haven't known each other for long but he insisted that He and Aurelie are good at seeing people like that. I was really touched and gave him a kiss... while adding to Aurelie "I always thought you were too good for him *wink* but now I can see why you love this man!" hahaha

She added that she had a lot of respect for me because I'm strong.

(sorry... I don't mean to show off but it's really nice to hear and they sure make me feel better about myself esp when my confidence and morale are low)

2. I dunno what got into me but I (think I was drunk by this point) suddenly hopped onto the bike with Duy and another guy and got to another place where they were popping champagne for Aurelie (who landed a great job and a fantastic package after 6 months in Vietnam).

I remember tasting one of the yummiest foie gras and having champagne poured over my head by a drunk Duy.

And out of the blue, Chris Danh suddenly appeared to make sure I was ok. He had heard from the rest of the guys at Red Drum that I was drunk. Duy, who didn't know Chris, must have thought this guy was harrassing me and tried to push him away.

This place where we were at was full of French men. Duy and Aurelie, who were obviously French Viet Kieu, Frank (the manager whom I know as well) our Sylvain and 2 other Sylvains (Must be a common French name) ... later Chris Danh and his brother (who are also French Viet Kieus!) came back.

At some point, I was behind the bar telling everyone I "work" there - "Ask Frank!"

And then there was the Sylvain who's totally besotted with me since he last saw me and he spent the whole nite trying to get close to me, telling me how beautiful I am and repeating "I love you"s to me all night.
(According to Aurelie, all the French guys are in love with me)

3. I came home on the back of our Sylvain's bike. Frank lent me his spare helmet (our Sylvain was going to just steal one from one of the bikes parked there). And just as we were going to turn into my street, his bike DIED and we had to walk to my place(while he pushed the bike to my garage and finally grabbed a cab home).

4. And this morning, I found this picture that I had taken on my handphone and sent to Tarek

Photobucket
Yes, it's a condom on a dickhead... oops... I mean big head!

PS: I woke at 7am to a super hyper baby. I wasn't even feeling the hangover yet because I was still spinning and verging on puking. Still drunk!
I don't know how people can sleep like a baby when they are drunk because I definitely didn't get much sleep!

This morning, T told me we are supposed to have a big (homies) night today - wine tasting and there was a special Absolut event... He was pulling my leg of course... just the mention of alcohol makes me sick!

PS: Not a night to be proud of... but the crazy Singaporean turned obsessive mum is starting to emerge again.

No comments: