Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Starting Solids

I sent an email to my pediatrician today about starting Ray on solids.

Before he could reply, I decided to go ahead and try giving Rayhan a bit of rice cereals. I had asked around before - most of my friends started feeding their children only at/after 6 months. The older generation (grandma, friend's mom, maid etc) said can start from 4months plus. My pediatrician had told me earlier to try from 5.5 months.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The tin said to mix 150ml with 5 tablespoon. I decided to make 60ml with 2 tablespoons only. Still turned out to be much toooo much. The maid took over while I snapped some pictures and she managed to make him swallow 5 teaspoons worth.

Photobucket
And only later did I get an email reply from the pediatrician saying 1-2 spoons to taste for the first few attempts.

It was a messy experience. He rejected having a spoon stuffed in his mouth and he spit out a lot. But I'm happy to know that he will enjoy it once he gets used to it (seeing that he also swallowed quite a fair bit). Oh well, it's all good for a first attempt!

His expressions were soooo cute!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: