They say taking a bath is relaxing for babies. I'm not so sure if I can say the same for my 5.5month old.
Since we got back from the beach weekend, bathing now involves a change of clothes (for me) and a tub within a tub (his baby tub in my giant bath tub) - because he is splashing so much! As soon as he hits (literally) the water, he'll be kicking vigorously and his hands will be smashing and slapping into the water. Not only am I drenched by the time we are done, the whole bathroom is in a mess! Needless to say, it takes a lot to hold onto him so that he doesn't slip or fall face flat into the water.
I wonder if he's making up for losing out on the opp to splash in the sea because he was too afraid of the waves and sand. Or that he's ready to start swimming on his own.
Oh well, they say taking a bath is relaxing for babies. I'd say taking a bath tires my baby out. It knocks him out as soon as he's out and given a bottle of milk.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment