It's certainly not looking like I am heading in that direction.

Wedding is not for the couple. It is for the family. It is to make everyone else happy, with the bride n groom acting like puppets, sacrificed to traditions and ceremonial rites.
Maybe it's just my luck - I chose a partner from a totally different culture, tradition and so in the midst of trying to satisfy both sides, incorporating cultures and traditions of both sides, I have resigned to the knowledge that we are planning a wedding that I can only dream would be mine n Tarek's alone.
Issues with his side:
wedding location in singapore. a large number of their family not able to fly out to attend the wedding. Bride's family is so huge that they feel seriously outnumbered (I had to put a limitation on the no. of people I invite/who I invite etc).
Issues with her side:
wedding held in Sentosa (people actually complain that it's far and inconvenient), table seatings and arrangement (who sits on this table and who shouldn't, ranks among the elderly, sons of the family as the next most important followed by the rest who are seated by seniority. Even who sits nearer to the VIP table/stage is a topic for backlashing)
Everyone is filling my head with their opinions n I am left to stress about how to please everybody.
Honestly, no matter how much we try to please everyone, how well we do the event, some "I'm never satisfied" person will definitely find something to complain about. Had I known wedding was such a pain, I would just have eloped.
At this rate, Bridezilla will be an understatement. I think more BRIDE-MENTAL oR BRIDE-BYE-BYE.
(You know how they say, Children are fun, as long as they are not yours. Similarly, Wedding Planning is fun, as long as it's not yours!)
No comments:
Post a Comment