Disputes over wedding matters are becoming more frequent lately, esp as the day draws nearer.
I suppose wedding planning is an eye opening experience for a lot of couples. You learn new things about this person you are supposed to be spending the rest of your life with. Maybe these are things we've already realised in the relationship but chose to close an eye to. Maybe the expectations and the stress of planning a wedding magnifies it. Who's to know for sure?
My friend claims I'm PMSING - which is true (cos about the same time last month, I had a BIG outburst ... and the month before... and my period came shortly after each time). So it's probably the hormones talking.
But it's simply no fun marrying a guy who is extremely occupied with his work and lifestyle that he virtually has no energy left to discuss wedding matters at the end of the day. I'd so excitedly want to show him the things I've planned and done but his enthusiasm (or rather, the lack of it) kills the spirit whenever I approach him with it.
True - guys are supposed to be busy with making the dough and leaving the women to plan the wedding. Guys don't dig wedding stuff or go ga-ga about it like we do but "hellooooo! some appreciation pls!".
Most friends have given me the feedback that it's a good thing that the men aren't involved so I can do plan it exactly the way I like it. Then there are those friends who told me it's the same for them - their husbands left them to do all the planning.
Again, when u dont expect, u dont get disappointed. I suppose I always and am still expecting my partner to be more involved, more enthusiastic. I should rid myself of the mindset that a wedding is a big day for the couple and it's the occasion for both parties to plan, look forward and make decisions together.
To put it more correctly, wedding turns women into bridezilla (with all that mounting stress fueled by an unhelpful partner) while men scratch their head over why women are stressing so much.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment