Monday, September 5, 2011

My (possibly last) Holiday with the in-laws

Despite the circumstances, I actually enjoyed myself this holiday too... except for the waiting around for each and every person. I think this family has a tendency to take things slow... that explains why T can sometimes be so laid back.
PS: I come from a family of gan-cheong spiders so it's one extreme against another.

Photobucket

Most of the family, with the exception of A. Najia who wakes and sleeps early, starts their life after 11am. Dinner is usually at 10pm and drags on till after midnight - by which time Ray is cranky and fidgety so we don't get to enjoy dinner very much.

That aside, it was really nice to see the family again and I am glad we went to the beach where we could spend more quality time together. In Cairo, every one is usually busy with their own life, routine and agendas and we usually feel like we have to fit in with everyone else's schedules.

I only wish I got to ride on the horse down the beach during sunset - I didn't get to do that because by the time we got there after sitting around with the family, the sun had almost set so it was only a short 15min ride around the stables for Ray.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went out to party on the 2nd night after we have put Rayhan to sleep at 11pm. Hana's nanny helped to watch both babies while we went out. I came back first at 4.30am while T continued on with Hana and Hisham till sunrise. Such is the elite Arab life - they start their life late and party till sunrise.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I call them the tanned vampires. In the mornings, you'd only find the ang mohs already at the pool which becomes a social scene for the impressionable Arabs at about 3-4pm.
Photobucket
(I intend to dedicate a blog entry later on to make a comparison between the Arab and the Ang mohs)

Now that the holiday is over, it's back to reality again. I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to go to Egypt or see the family again soon (even though they are planning a 2 week trip to US in April for Alex's wedding in Turks and Caicos and I'd really like to go come what may.

No comments: