It's been a long time since I whined about my situation... mostly because I prefer not to wash my dirty linen outside ... and also because it's always the same old story - HE's never there (and will no longer be there).
Germaine was here for the weekend - literally for 2 nights only. At first, HE said he "will be happy to stay at home with Ray" so I can have a girls night. He was away for 2 nights for work and had gone straight to work from the airport that morning. So I figured, he would be tired and happy to stay in and spend some time with the boy. But alas, someone invited him out so he HAD to go out.
And then on Sunday, he told me he had an important football match that he did not want to miss - even though I really wanted some (massage/shopping) time with my friend and even though I mentioned that this could be the last weekend to spend with Ray here.
I thought that would be reason enough to sacrifice a game but he did not. He told me to go ahead with my plans and he would take Ray along to football - there will be many girlfriends and wives there who could be able to help out while he plays.
Ah hem!
For the record, this would not have been the first time. I blew up once when Ray was much younger and said I needed a day off ... he actually took Ray along to football and left him with the driver while he played.
So why then, you ask, am I writing all this? It's not because I'm counting scores but because I want to remember this... when everything becomes blur and I can look back and remember what it was like... and live with no regrets.
Monday, September 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment