The little one continues to surprise me every day with his actions, words and thoughts.
It's amazing how quickly they develop and how fast they grow.
He's beginning to display his independence with "I no wan this... Wan this one", "I no like" and "I no sleep".
As well, his vocabulary is extending. In fact, I do not know of any other 2yr old who can speak as much as him! And Ray isn't even 2 yet! For that, I'm super duper proud.
The other day, he was shouting from the top of the stairs, "Daddy, are you there?" And while we were at the swimming pool, he went "are you cold?" and "I so cold". It was all really amazing for me, like, where did you learn that?!
Granted, he still can't get some words right eg "everybody" - he says "mama wear shoe, daddy wear shoe, ALL-BODY wear shoe". It's just too cute to hear!
He's also started identifying his own things, like when we are in the shower and water gets in his face, he starts shouting "My eye!" Or picks up his things and goes "my shoe", "my shirt".
PS: he could already identify Mama's bag, mama's shoes, daddy's towel etc a long time ago.
His latest phrase is "stop! No more" where he puts his hand in front of your face (similar to "talk to my hand" action). I was having a bad headache the other day so I laid down on the bed and pretended to cry as I said "mama pain!". He gave a concerned look, came to me and said "stop! No more" with a hand in front of me and told me "mama, no cry" before proceeding to push the hair from my face and showering me with kisses.
(Awww... I love!)
Ps: Some times when I try to sing along with him, he'll go "stop! No more" in my face! Haha!
As if I can't feel any more pride, my training him to say "thank you" has paid off, he says "thank you" on his own (3/4 of the time) now when you give him something. And he'll good mannerly greet anyone "hi" and "bye" and give you a kiss on command.
He's also a very fast learner and is now an expert at the ipad/iphone games. You just have to show him a couple of times and soon he'll figure out by himself how to play!
Ps: Teaching him is going to be fun but also very challenging because he has such a short attention span!
During this trip to Cairo and El Gouna, he's made a lot of friends - Ray is loved by everyone, young and old. It's really nice to see him socialising and having fun on his own. In fact, the older kids were happy to take care of him, carrying him through the obstacles that Ray is still too little for.
PS: he's got a new gesture... When he's shy, he'll cover his nose/mouth with the back of his hand!
(I was also happy to have some alone time where I sat in view of them while enjoying a book. In fact, I'm really looking forward to putting him in a play school so that he can have fun with friends while I enjoy some me-time.)
And even though I'm going through the darkest period of my life, I just need to look at him and see the good in my life. "I must have done something right at least to deserve such a blessing."
He's the reason and strength that keeps me going. (m'shahallah)
No comments:
Post a Comment