Thursday, March 24, 2011

Freeze!

I think my son is hitting the Terrible Twos prematurely. To give him credit, he is very clever... you just have to do or say something once and he will follow.

Smacking and scolding doesn't seem to work any longer as he will continue to test the grounds and your limits to see how far he can go. He'll grab the things that I have said "no" to over and over again, each time shouting "meeeeeee" as he tries to run away with the item.

These days, he is speaking a lot more Vietnamese ... with "troi oi" being the favorite (he is speaking a lot! a Real Chatterbox!). It's the equivalent of "aiyo" or "oh my" and he keeps repeating those words after he's done something wrong (he knows he's being naughty and he's just doing it on purpose!).

The most frustrating part is when he knows he's done something wrong and you are angry with him, he'll come to you and call your name sooooo sweetly that you can't do anything but smile... BUT of cos, I'm not giving in!

And he won't stop opening the freezer (which happens to be on the bottom shelf of the fridge) and will take out ice cubes or our frozen containers of meat and run and hide.

I have resorted to scaring him...

Photobucket
(At first I threatened to put him in... then I really did it)

Photobucket
PS: This is NOT child abuse. And by the way, he is still opening the freezer!

1 comment:

=^..^= said...

Oh my, Jo... very interesting disciplinary tactics you're using. I hope they work!

~Shireen