Monday, March 21, 2011

A Cold Beach Holiday

Jamie and Desmond were here again! And this time, we went to the beach instead of staying in the city.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've been wanting to go to Nha Trang forever ... and I'm so glad I finally got a chance to go after 6 years in Vietnam! It's 40min domestic flight from Ho Chi Minh City.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's also my first time taking the maid along so it felt more like a real holiday... (more on my experience with the maid later)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The waves were huge - the highest we have ever seen. We spent A LOT of time trying to capture them on our cameras.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Even though the weather wasn't great, we all had a fabulous time at the beach - It drizzled most of the first day and was overcast and super chilly the rest of the trip. We probably saw some sun only on our last afternoon at the beach. Still, we all got BURNT!

Photobucket
Mama, it's drizzling!

Desmond chased the waves.Rayhan played with the sand and chased birds. And Jamie and I chilled.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another highlight of this holiday was an experience at the Ice Bar. As if the beach wasn't unusually cold enough, we decided to have a drink in a -9 degree room.
The drinks were awful and we felt a little ripped off ... plus, we didn't even stay for more than 5 mins... but the pictures were worth it!

Photobucket

Photobucket
He was literally frozen... no sound, no movement

Photobucket

Photobucket

After 3 days at an overcast, super windy and chilly beach, we still came home with a tan

Photobucket
urm... actually, we got burnt!

Photobucket

PS: Guess who these hands belong to?!
Clue: Most feminine hands I've ever seen on a guy
Photobucket

No comments: