Thursday, December 30, 2010

Glam Gen's Lessons in 2010

Wow! I can't believe it's almost the end of the year (Thank God for that)!

For the record, I am back in HCM and been busy settling into new place the last few days (T moved to a nice apartment earlier this month and havent done much unpacking... more on that later).

I was actually planning on doing the next Homies' Night at our new place, seeing that I've unpacked (guest room is now used as store room until I have time to sort out those boxes) most unpacking and the house is in decent enough condition to start receiving guests. Only to be told that this Friday is New Year's Eve. Already?!

To mark the end of the year, I've drafted my own list of lessons learnt in 2010 (Inspiration hit on Christmas' Eve's Eve when I found myself awake at 4am with a bad bout of flu).

Here goes:

1. Keep your family and friends close
They are the ones who will stand by you, love and support you, no matter what. And you can always count on them to get u thru both the good n bad times.

2. Lose that innoncence
A little is good but don't be naïve. The world is complicated and does not take kindly to the simple-hearted. Learn to protect yourself.

3. Have your values and principles
But do not have any expectation of the good that it will bring you.
(There are times when having too much values n principles gets you nowhere!)

4. Be Nice
But don't expect everyone else to be nice in return.
(Sometimes, being selfish takes you further)

5. Stay positive
Positivity breeds positivity. Don't ever let anything get you down. Life goes on so make it your choice to embrace the good and the bad and you'll find yourself with the strength to get through it.

6. Have a little Faith
Everything happens for a reason. God has His Plans. Enough said.

7. Live for Yourself
People can and will just as easily and quickly turn their backs against you. No one is indispensable!
Still, you must always value your family and loved ones (see point 1)

8. Love Yourself
You deserve it!

1 comment:

hotpinkchick said...

Hope you are settling in ok, sounds like you are. I miss having you around but u need to be with your own little family for now. it's been a tumultuous year so here's hoping your 2011 is as bright as they come. Love ya.