Instead of greeting me first... everyone's attention got diverted straight to the bump! "Hallooooo!!! I'm up here!"

I asked Thao to take a pic for me and Tarek... this is what she took first... You get the idea.

(SUS, u gave me this top a while back... never wore it.. happened to chance upon it while frantically finding something to wear - sure came in handy! Thank u!)
The Diwali bash was a huge smashing success! We were oversold and had to turn away MANY disappointed people who showed up at the door. In fact, Vascos has almost never been this packed. We sold over 300 tickets when the venue can hold only 200 people max comfortably.

The Empowered Women behind this successful event.

Along with Thy (venue owner). It only goes to show that women can plan great events and have fun at the same time too!
(Although we spent the first 3 hrs downstairs doing crowd control! It was madness - checking and/or tickets, stamping them and later turning people away!)

This was taken just seconds after the DJ started the first song. It was plain madness and it got wilder thru the night... Crazy dancing and jumping to hardcore latest Bollywood hits

As much as I was dying to dance, jump and shake along (I was lurving the music sooo much!), it was much too crowded and scary for me in the main dance club so I chilled (when I finally got a chance to sit down n rest my feet) in the Blue lounge.
The highlight of the night was Elsie's appearance! She had planned this surprise for a while and had roped in Emily and Susmita in the scheme. All the way to surprise and support us at our event! How sweet!
She claims that my reaction was disappointing - Sorrie... I just duno how to express myself well esp when it comes to surprises.
- Thank you... I'm sooo really happy to see u and it is a really wonderful surprise indeed!

Yay... we get to practice our Katie Holmes smile again

But I was certainly yelling and screaming for everyone to "Look who's here!" I screamed for T, V and Aman .... and the look on their face was classic! So that certainly was worth the surprise, aint it? Hee...

We spent the night chatting and chilling but what was most amusing to see was these 2 lovebirds who were sooo mushy together - all that manja-ness and flirting and touchy touchy! They were soooo ready to go home and make out!
Elsie had come with more pressies for me!

- A Kate Spade diaper bag from Susmita, Elsie and Emily - Thank you babes! I can't wait to carry it out with the baby!
- a purple Care bear from Sus (I've been lusting after it ever since I saw that she had bought one for Nutty!)

- Young Parents magazine from Elsie
- and guess what... MORE MOON CAKES (from Elsie)! HAHA!!!! I'm not so sure I can stomach any more ... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment