(I don't mean it literally because with the inadequate medical facilities here, I need to ensure I keep him in for as long as necessary!).
Actually I've been saying it right from the start of my pregnancy but that was because I was bored and excited ... now it's just exasperation.

I'm beginning to LOOK heavy and FEEL heavy. Emile called me "watermelon" on Friday and Tarek had the nerve to call me "fatty Mummy" (only because Dr Richie said I put on 3 kg in the last month since I saw him and that I shld cut down and stick to putting on only 1kg a month).
Funny thing is, I have been weighing myself on my home scale and it's only been 1kg every month! I am now 46kg (8 kg since my 38kg at the start of pregnancy).
Note: I just weighed myself and it seems I'm now 47Kg!

Anyways, yes, I know I have been superbly lucky with this one - I'm a happy preggy, I look good and I feel great... in fact, I've never laughed harder in the last 4 yrs than in the 8 months since I got pregnant. I laugh at everything these days (Karen commented that my laughter has changed and it's almost eerie. Yes, its a fatty laughter and it requires a lot more effort especially with the big stomach).
Lately, I'm just been feeling frustrated with the added weight (not to mention the bulk). I keep forgetting I have a bump in front and every time I reach out to get something, I hit against something or someone. I can't seem to find a comfortable position to sleep in ... my arms and especially legs keep feeling "suan" and no matter how I stretch or change position, I still can't feel them. I've also experienced sudden bouts of itchiness on my lower abdomen - not that it's very itchy but it's just super uncomfortable.
Then there's the part about feeling hungry and yet soooo full at the same time (as if my stomach has been stretch way beyond its limit and can't expand any further). And because Peanut's head is now down, his feet are in full range of my ribs (ouch!). Sometimes I can almost see his leg kicking out of the side of my stomach - I'm sure you can imagine how that feels. Now try imagining his head pressing down on the bladder as well!
Honestly, I don't think any push present (think diamond, rolex watches, jewelery or even cash) is good enuff to make up for the 9 months of torture - although I surely won't say no to getting one! Except that it almost feels wrong to ask for something in return for experiencing the miracle of giving birth to your own child. Plus it's a bit silly to bankrupt the husband just as he steps into a bigger role of having to support 3 mouths now.
Anyways, let's just say it's going to be a long while before I plan the next baby and I'm surely going to think twice before attempting to get pregnant again. PROTECTION PLEASE!
PS: I'm pretty sure I will retract my words when I hold my very own baby in my arms cos having a healthy, beautiful baby is worth any pain in this world!
No comments:
Post a Comment