Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Geesh... is everyone really that naive?

Just ended my weekly call to the Grandma... and I came to this conclusion - SINGAPOREANS are sooo naive (no offense to those who are reading this blog entry and do not personally think so).

Maybe it's just the older folks who are unaware - Ah Ma was just telling me how my Uncle is soo mad that I am giving birth in Vietnam cos the baby will be Vietnamese and it will be so expensive for medical and school later in Singapore for the kid.

No. 1 - The kid will NOT be Vietnamese
No. 2 - In any event, the kid will follow the father and be a British and will be studying in an international school in Vietnam (even though I would be applying for Singaporean passport n citizenship for TJunior as well).
No. 3 - And when we do leave Vietnam, it will most likely be to go back to the UK rather than to Singapore.

I think I am most upset because it's almost like everyone thinks I dun care about my child and will stupidly make him a Vietnamese citizen. Who in the right mind will let his child be a Vietnamese when the dad is British and mum is Singaporean?

Also, there is the part about my pregnancy raging hormones and how it gets extra sensitive when people are trying to tell me what to do - especially when it's advise from naive people who haven't got their facts right first.

No comments: