Bye bye Maid No. 9 and Hello Maid No. 10.
(well, technically, it's Maid no. 3 & 4 of the live-ins that I've tried out since June. The others were over the last 4 yrs here in Vietnam).
I know it sounds crazy but this whole pregnancy seems to be about finding the right live-in!
Today is Maid No. 9's last day. I'm very glad I made the decision to let her go and the last 2 weeks was starting to drag. Usually we let a maid go on the spot, without giving advance notice but because she was found via an agency, we had a contract to give 2 weeks notice or pay her 2 weeks worth to let her go immediately. Being cheap cheap, of cos I wasn't going to let her get away with 2 weeks worth of pay for nothing!
In the 2 weeks, I tried to learn cooking from her. I would watch her and take notes, ask questions etc. I also made her cook more and bake cupcakes n cakes every other day (hence I have put on more weight recently!). I closed an eye to her usual bad habits (oversleeping, finishing the house in 3 hrs and then spending the rest of the day in her room, spacing on the sofa with a stoned face (though it happened only once and in front of Tarek), extending her time spent out when she goes for her evening lessons etc).
She tried 2 stunts with me since although I'm pretty sure she wouldn't dare go overboard because I got her records and I can report her to agency at any given time. First incident, she tried to ask me to give her this dragonfly swarovski crystal hp accessory that I hang on the light switch in the room (only bcos my BB doesnt allow to hang anything). I said no.
2nd incident, I had asked her to wash my pink OP bag so I can start packing for the hospital. Coincidentally, I walked into her room yesterday to ask her something and found her packing her things into the bag - she thought I had given it to her. Ya Right!
Emily is probably right - she was like, you finally found someone as cheap as you! Ha. I think she's just aspiring to be me! From the way she's taken a sudden interest in her appearance ever since she started 1.5 months ago with me - her latest haircut n clip on the hair, down to the make up and how she draws her eyeliner!
Maid No. 10 starts tomoro. I shall reserve judgment - I'm sick of reporting about maids just as I'm sure you're sick of hearing about them. All I can say is, I interviewed n hired her on the spot while T was at work. Wish me luck on this one!
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment