Friday, May 2, 2008

Glam Gen has armed herself. Beware Burglars!

So this morning, I got a call from T to check if I was ok. Then when I got out of bed, I locked my bedroom door and carried with me a big knife (machete/parang) to the computer room.

It's not that I am scared but I will be more alert and cautious now. I still believe that it's rather safe and that these things don't happen very often (touch wood).

Anyways, the cool thing was, the burglars had climbed in from the empty plot of land (which is now thick with weeds, plants, trees etc. like a mini jungle) beside my house. And right behind my house is the Parkland Apts and they had a security camera that was pointing right at the angle where these people came in. T went over to talk with the security and he saw from the tape that the guys (it was 2 young guys. one in orange shirt and one in black. they both had white gloves on) had climbed in at 10.19am. And it showed them jumping out again at 10.23am. Which means they were only in the house for 4 mins.

I still think it was very lucky that I had heard noises and gone down. Usually, I would assume the maid had come and continued with what I was doing. I supposed I had thought that it might be T coming back so that prompted me to go down. If I had ignored the noises, they would have stolen things or even came up to me which was even more dangerous - I would have been the one who was cornered instead of me catching them by surprise.

So, the security in Parklands have been alerted and we saw the guard petrolling n stepping up checks. And yesterday, someone had chopped off the tree from the empty plot of land. With the tree out of the way, there's no chance for anyone to walk in and climb over without being seen. The security from the construction opposite our house is also on the look out for us. He came over to tell us there were 2 men standing outside our house on Wed nite at 4.30am and he said he will keep a look out for us.

Please let this be a once in a lifetime thing!

No comments: