Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm Out of Limits. I'm Married.

Since I've been married, I've been introduced to people as the 'newly wed' - "she just got married. We attended her wedding in Singapore last month". As well, I've been addressed by friends and acquaintances as "Mrs Elawadi" and conversations always start off with a "how's married life?" (like it makes any difference).

One thing I am not used to (or havent had the chance to) do is snubbing men off with the comment that I am married. I had my first encounter when we went clubbing in Bangkok. A friend's friend was trying to mack on me and he was so wasted that he did not pick up my hints that "I'm not interested". Until I finally pulled out the "I'm out of limits. I'm married" comment. The hilarious part was his reaction - "You? Married? Yah right!"

(What? I dont look like a wifey material? or I look too glam to be married?).

No comments: