Monday, May 12, 2008

Bangkok was a Blast

My main responsibility of this trip was to safely deliver baby Amaira (along with the nanny) back into the arms of mummy V.

Photobucket

It was my first time travelling with a baby so it was a nerve wrecking experience. First of all, this is the precious princess of Aman and V and I had to make sure the baby was in good hands (my hands!) and I had to struggle with handling the baby in the plane. Thank God for the nanny who was with me. Thai Airways did not make sure the baby was strapped to any of us and I was so worried about the baby during take off and landing. I took the initiative to strap the maid personally because she was too busy trying to calm the excited and hyper baby. And during the take off, I kept feeding Amaira with water. Swallowing helps clear the ears and prevent discomfort.

All in all, it was a good journey (it was only an hr's flight!) and try as we did to get her to sleep, she was laughing, clapping, yelling, growling, woofing and whatever not on the plane and we had to do everything possible to try to keep her entertained.

Once my job was done, it was off to shopping! Because I was staying at V's, I was not able to get out and about as much I wanted to (my habitual behavior in BKK was to shop from the moment I wake until my feet cant drag anymore at night). I did not want to trouble anyone so I mostly stayed at home with them or followed them when they went out. V was supposed to be resting so she wasn't able to walk much. On one of the days, V had the waxing lady come over so I took the opportunity to get myself waxed!

Photobucket

After 2 days, I was rather disappointed at how little I bought. I mean, we only went to Emporium and Paragon shopping malls! (Heeeellloooo ... Bangkok is all about cheap cheap bargains!) My best shopping of the entire trip was an hour in MBK (where we covered only half of the ground floor) and an hour in Platinum (I went on my own) where I stopped after I spent over a hundred dollars and had an equivalent of Santa's bag that was sooooo full n heavy I almost had to drag it around the floor. That is what I called SHOPPING SATISFACTION!

Apart from shopping, we also went to a couple of nice places - A Thai restaurant where the Bollywood gang had their reunion. (I was the only CHINESE in the group of V's boarding school friends.); Long Table (Bar); and BED (Club).

Photobucket

Photobucket

The highlight of the trip was Mr Singhsachthep's 50th birthday bash. He had invited me and T to go but T wasn't able to make it so I represented. We had a fabulous dinner at Giustos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then I was off to HCMC the very next morning. What a trip! I am certainly looking forward to more trips to Bangkok soon! I had left for BKK with a handcarry and a luggage that was practically empty and came back with so much that I had to sit on the bags just to close it.

No comments: