But when I woke up that morning, I suddenly felt guilty "I should do/get something... at least a card, shouldn't I?" And right at that moment, while BBM-ing with Jamie, Jason and Shireen, who all asked me what my plans for the day was, inspiration struck and I decided to send flowers.
The problem was, I didn't have the address of the factory, everything on the Vietnamese florist website was sooo expensive and when I finally called one, the lady wasn't sure if they could get to the factory (which is 1.5hrs fr the city) in time.
Whilst all this was happening, the doorbell rang... and in came a surprise for me.

(He definitely did not handpick these!)
(There goes my idea of sending him flowers) as I scrambled out of the house, to the nearby bookshop with Ray, to try to find some cards and a present. I must have looked at every book on the shelves at least 3 times but still couldn't find anything that I thought would make a great gift...
After passing 3 florists on the way, I took it as a sign and finally caved in and tried his secretary again ... to ask her if they had a local florist near his factory and if she could help me order flowers for T. I sent her emails on the type of flower/arrangement I wanted (pot of white orchids for his office). And she had it ordered and delivered - even though they did not have the pot of orchids and I'm still waiting to see a picture (of what the Vietnamese florist put together) which both she and T had promise to take and send me.
Alas, the surprise was spoilt because T is secretly receiving all the emails that goes to the secretary (without her knowledge). Still, it was "JOB DONE" for me... at least I can stop cracking my brain cells to try to find a last minute gift!
- Not my fault he spoilt his own surprise!
He called in the afternoon to tell me that dinner reservations had been made for 830pm. I was ready by 8pm ... only for him to return home only at 845pm.
- He hadn't answered any of my calls and I almost thought he was planning a prank on me about dinner.
Dinner was definitely worth the wait as we arrived at a Michelin Star French Restaurant (not far from home) that just opened up.
The menu was an 8-course set meal that is to die for...

Every course was yum... every bite bringing estasy in my every senses

best scrambled eggs (with truffles) ever!

Foie gras and duck stuffing


another of my favorite

Dish 6 - main course finally!

smelly cheese - 3 out of 4 was fabulous though

Since we started dinner late, about 10pm Spore time, we finished our 8 courses after Valentine's Day in Spore! haha!
This morning, I woke up and rearranged the bouquet into 3 vases...

PS: Don't envy us please... we were just trying to outdo each other in efforts... although I greatly appreciate the gesture and am still keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a separate note, this Valentine was about spreading the love as I sent smses to the people I care about, bought a card for Lidia (in case her husband failed to show her any love this Valentine's) and also sent a surprise to Jamie!
PS: It took a lot of smses, whatsapp messages, international calls to A. Alice, Shun Zhi and Desmond, as well as the florist to send my love to Jamie. I wanted to thank her for being there for me always and for all her love and surprises and gifts that she has showered on me and Ray.
Special thanks to Shun who helped me to go down to the florist to make payment because they couldn't accept my card at the last minute.

"A Big Bear Hug from RayRay and lots of love from me!"
No comments:
Post a Comment