Friday, January 4, 2008

Men and Procrastination

A friend just asked me if I was nervous about the soon approaching wedding. My reply, "more like stressed".

"Why?", he asked and I said because the man is barely involved and his too carefree attitude is stressing me out further.

In the last 7 months since we started planning, I only gave him 3 major responsibilities - 1. to put together his guest lists and invites 2. to settle the favors 3. to book the honeymoon.

Today, he got an earful for not addressing his invitees properly. The honeymoon has undergone a ping pong battle and while a location has finally been decided, no further steps have been taken. And as for the favors, let's just say it's not coming along as we (or rather, I) would have planned.

Most incredibly, 2 days before I was going to register our marriage with the institution, and only because I asked him for his passport details, did I learn that he had literally just sent his to get a new one done. God knows how long before a new passport will be issued and we can register and confirm our wedding date.

It should have been done since October, it was supposed to be done more than 2 weeks ago when we were booking our Tet holiday. But no... men and procrastication ... they love to leave things to the last minute then rush it through. For him, "as long it gets done". It doesn't matter how u get there, how much effort u put it, as long as job is done at the end of the day. A job done is a job well done.

(No wonder they say Men are from Mars and Women from Venus.)

No comments: