
Rayhan is loved by everyone everywhere he goes. In fact, sometimes I worry that he might get spoilt rotten if he stays here.


There is no shortage of people jumping to offer help to babysit but (as usual) I worry excessively - they don't know his schedule, they don't know how to put him to sleep, they will spoil him if they keep carrying him and giving in to his every whim, what if he gets into one of his hysterical cries for "Mummy" etc etc.
But at least I know he is in good safe hands, with family who I can trust ... and so I am going to try to let go more (like over the weekends when the folks are at home to help) and try to find myself again (I must have lost myself while trying to be a mother and to please the people around me) and spend more "ME" time.

Everyone is dying to see him, carry him. He just has to whine a little and he gets whatever he wants. Much to my annoyance at times - not at the people because they are so in love with Ray and just wanna offer help (which I am soo grateful for bcos otherwise the words "free hands" or "free time" or even a breather hasn't existed since I had Ray).



For example, it's a real pain to feed him, especially so when we are out. I am insistant that he sticks with his feeding schedule and that he remains seated until he's finished his meal but everyone around me loses their patience or feel sorry for the screaming child and will go "it's enough, maybe he's not hungry" or "feed later" or they will attempt to carry him out of his seat or offer to take him "one round" then come back for another spoon of food.



At least, we can't say there isn't enough things to do, people to meet or love to go around!


Also, I'm really looking forward to celebrate his first birthday. I can't believe my precious baby is already turning ONE. It is definitely something worth celebrating. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me and if anything else, being a Mother is my greatest achievement to date and something I am truly proud of. (Ask me this again in a few years! Maybe I will answer differently! Ha!)
No comments:
Post a Comment