Monday, September 20, 2010

Like a Virgin

I've only been back for a week and already I feel like a virgin... doing many things for the first time... in 6 yrs.

- Taking the MRT
Even I am finding it hard to believe... but it's true! I took the train to meet with the girls on Friday evening.

There was a moment of panic when I din recognise the stops ... Back then, the trains end either at Pasir Ris or Boon Lay. Apparently, they have added 2 new stops and now the trains stop at Yew Koon instead of Boon Lay. Of course, I hadn't known that and was unsure if I was going in the right direction... until I called home to ask my dad!

I'm looking forward to taking Ray on his first public ride on the MRT soon!

- Riding a bicycle
Sus and family were going to East Coast Park for breakfast on Saturday and asked me to join them. They were taking Nat to play with the sand by the beach. I dragged Mum and Jason along with me so it was like a family day.

Photobucket

It's been sooo long since I rode a bicycle but I was soooo excited to give Ray his first ride. I've never rode anyone before so I was a little nervous but we had fun. At some point, he even started bouncing around and trying to fiddle around with the controls.

Ray was humming while I was riding and he was totally enjoying it!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Needless to say, we'll be doing more of that!

- Singing Karoke
One of the things I've been craving to do was to go singing. I hadn't realised one would lose touch with singing but it was apparent I needed to practice more cos I was having difficulty reaching many of the higher notes.

Some (not so in tune) songs and 2 glasses of whisky coke later, I mustered enough courage to be the crazy and fun person I used to be (a long long time ago) and I started performing with dramatic singing and a little dancing! (I attempted "She Bangs" like that William guy in American Idol)

Anyone game for some glass cracking, hair rising singing sessions with me?

- Celebrating Mooncake/Lantern Festival
One of my fondest childhood memories is going to Grandma's house where the aunties and cousins will light up little paper lanterns and we would carry them around the house. After that, we'd even be rewarded with some fire sparklers ... the closest we get to being able to "play with fire"

It was also Ray's first lantern festival so I hope he enjoyed playing with the colorful lanterns (we gave him a battery operated musical one) and fire sparklers (although he kept trying to grab the sparks!)

(took pics on Jason's camera... will upload them later)

In the meantime, here are some pretty lanterns outside Chinatown MRT station when we were out with the girls
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: