Monday, July 21, 2008

Another bad day

I am super annoyed!

The fucking power went out again! For the fourth time this week! Please excuse my language but you would be cursing n swearing if it happens to you too.

Can one get more unlucky? There was a storm and the sky was a display of lightning flashes... we kinda already knew it would happen cos it already did once this week... True enough, while I was in the middle of cooking, the power went out.

(the same thing happened to me the night before... the power went out just as I started to shampoo my hair at 12.30am and T was out with his friends. I got really freaked out)

Anyways, we managed to survive with the little breeze leftover from the storm and lights from the candles. T played on his Nintendo DS Lite while I tapped on someone else's wireless on my laptop... then I watched a DVD until laptop batt died, played on DS Lite (after T had gone to bed) until batt died too.. and tried to read a book using a torch... all while waiting for the power to come back on. But I finally gave up cos there was nothing else I could do and went to bed.

Power came back on at 4am! We suffered through the night... between the noise from next door's generators, the heat, being bitten by the mossies and waking every now and then to check if power came back... I seriously don't know which part of the combination was worse!

Talk about having bad days in Vietnam!

No comments: